I joined Child Psychiatry Associates (CPA) in 1989. My practice covers most levels of psychiatric care, including hospital based treatment, residential treatment, and office based outpatient treatment. My focus is psychiatric diagnosis and medical treatment of mental disorders, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, psychosis, and neurodevelopmental disorders such as ADHD and Autism Spectrum disorders. Although my emphasis is on children and adolescents, I do treat some adults in my outpatient practice.
Current clinical activity:
1. Outpatient based practice at CPA.
2. Medical Director for hospital based Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health, UnityPoint, Des Moines.
3. Medical Director for Beloit Children’s Home, a residential treatment facility in Ames. Beloit is part of Lutheran Services in Iowa (LSI).
1. Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics–instructing second and third year medical students.
2. Lecturer in psychopharmacology at Des Moines University.
Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, New Hampshire
BA from Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
MD from University of Iowa College of Medicine
Residency and fellowship training at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Medical license–state of Iowa
Board Certified in General Psychiatry–American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry–American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kunze call 515-288-5570.